Providing care to adolescents can be challenging because teenagers are often struggling to make decisions on their own. They are in the transition between being children and adults and often do not want advice. Our providers work to speak in terms that adolescents can understand about acute or chronic issues as well as education regarding preventive medicine. We provide comprehensive, primary care for adolescents ages 12 to 21. Some 10 and 11-year-olds are treated if developmentally mature.
Services available include:
- Comprehensive physical exams and immunizations
- Urgent medical care
- Treatment for asthma
- Allergy shots
- Nutritional support and counseling for eating disorders
- Screening for complications associated with obesity
- Contraception counseling
- Pregnancy testing and referral
- HIV antibody counseling and testing
- Behavioral problems
- Learning disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Gynecological problems, including sexually transmitted diseases
We respect the privacy of your adolescent/teenager, so all discussion of care especially those on topics of STDs, drug use, and birth control remains confidential. We do know, though, that it is very important to talk honestly about any risks associated with such behaviors.